Jim Hern serves as a Vice President at Michigan Financial Companies and is responsible for helping execute the firm’s strategy for growth and advancement. In addition to recruiting, coaching and mentoring advisors, Jim is involved in developing strategic initiatives and reviews major corporate financial decisions.
Prior to joining Michigan Financial Companies, Jim spent time in corporate finance as an investment banker and as an equities securities analyst in the telecommunications sector, where he received recognition by The Wall St. Journal as one of the top 5 telecom analysts in the country, based upon performance, in their annual All-Star Analyst survey. Jim is also formerly an adjunct lecturer in investments at Eastern Michigan University.
- Michigan State University - Bachelor of Arts
- Wayne State University - Masters of Business Administration
- Accredited Investment Fiduciary (AIF®)
- Retirement Income Certified Professional (RICP)
- Series 7, 63, 66
- Property, Casualty, Life & Health insurance licenses
- Completed first two levels of CFA
Memberships & Affiliations
- Troy Baseball Boosters
- Troy Community Coalition
- Past Adjunct lecturer in Finance/Investments at Eastern Michigan University (2008-2009)